We have moved to: www.projectnoir.net/forum
Please visit us there! Thank you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Project: NOIR
Thank you for joining Project: NOIR.
We have moved to: www.projectnoir.net/forum
Please visit us there! Thank you!
Project: NOIR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wordpress Move to Forum!

+52
hecate0808
BrinB
Jaelys
Sateen
birdie_17
animefan14079
senkie
cece
honeybunches
nyaw
tiffany
Lexa
enigma_ID
kokorumi
fairyqueen
inagaki
SoLame
rita
karma1
kimeeri
ateus
hibiscus
aetuip
Floumette
ranpyon
shams025
kazuno-sama
faerygoddyss
ribbon
Xinnie
sapphire.crescent
dromkudde
doXyouXcare
faechilde
guren
becca
SinnerStar
Drazen_Flames
corva
Alyxandria
AzaleaMoon
lili3
oyceter
Beryl
akalilLyn
Moa
Lirin
ami
beklish
almosthere13
Aki
leicu
56 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Does the forum look alright?

Wordpress Move to Forum! I_vote_lcap61%Wordpress Move to Forum! I_vote_rcap 61% 
[ 50 ]
Wordpress Move to Forum! I_vote_lcap39%Wordpress Move to Forum! I_vote_rcap 39% 
[ 32 ]
Wordpress Move to Forum! I_vote_lcap0%Wordpress Move to Forum! I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 82

Wordpress Move to Forum! Empty Wordpress Move to Forum!

Post by leicu 2009-03-20, 01:15

So, as everyone reading this must know, NOIR has decided to move from our Wordpress site (www.projectnoir.wordpress.com) to a BRAND NEW FORUM.

There are probably MANY of you thinking, "Why bother moving?! We liked the open access that you allowed for all your projects!"

Reasons were:
1. Leechers were uploading our materials without permission and without proper credits.
2. Wordpress doesn't limit the amount of comments seen per page (and the comment list was getting too long T^T).
3. A forum would help us manage our projects, as well as "ungrateful leechers" who abuse our materials.
4. Wordpress was run by pretty much one person (me, I made all the releases/releases related posts), and there wasn't much chance for staff to interact with others. A forum would open up the possibilities more, since more people are familiar with a forum environment.
5. A forum would open up a "discussion" area for readers who had questions about our work, about the plot, or just something about the series that they wanted to share.

These may not be the reasons that you were expecting, but to me, they were good enough reasons to move over to a forum, and so, here we are.

Our Wordpress site will officially close (I will remove all DL links and the address from Mangaupdates.com) on March 31st.
We will be releasing chapters this and next week on wordpress, but starting April, all releases will be held ONLY on the forum.

This will give all readers 14 days (our first release of April will be on the 4th) to meet up with our 10 NON SPAM POSTS requirement to access our download links.

For more information, please visit: Posting Requirements

Please note, WE WILL MANUALLY GO OVER ALL YOUR POSTS TO CHECK AND SEE THAT YOU HAVE 10 NON SPAM POSTS. So please don't try to cheat :)

For readers who have followed our releases regularly and have kept our requests and policies, I sincerely apologize for the new posting requirements made because of the few ungrateful lurkers out there. I hope that 10 posts will not be too hard on everyone, and please feel free to PM or Email me with any questions or concerns!

Last edited by leicu on 2009-04-04, 12:01; edited 1 time in total
leicu
leicu
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2009-03-08

http://smf.projectnoir.net

Back to top Go down

Wordpress Move to Forum! Empty Re: Wordpress Move to Forum!

Post by Aki 2009-03-21, 02:43

I like the forum. It looks really cool (especially your black theme ) ^ ^ But its width is larger than the 1024x768 screen, so i have to scroll the scroll bar to see the missing content -.- kinda annoying...

Aki

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki 2009-03-21, 02:48

Ah, one more thing, i think we don't need it the page reporting "Your message has been entered successfully " ^ ^" And the button "send" should have been placed to the left of the button "preview" (coz when you wanna preview ur message, you will look the two buttons and choose one, but when you don't, you just click the first button naturally - but ur first button is "preview".. so i think you need to change their place ^ ^" )
That's just my little opinion :p

*Another thing, i'm sorry if you got trouble with my English ;___;

Last edited by Aki on 2009-03-21, 10:05; edited 2 times in total

Aki

Back to top Go down

Post by almosthere13 2009-03-21, 03:42

The new site looks lovely!~

Urgh, and I know what you mean about leechers. *shakes head*
almosthere13
almosthere13

Number of posts : 43

http://wasurenaide.org

Back to top Go down

Post by beklish 2009-03-21, 08:47

It's just my inclination for "sunny" themes or this forum realy looks darky? It's good for the night, because eyes can rest, but I mostly browse internet in the daytime. So maybe you should add some more themes as alternative? I think, some users would be glad to this option = )

beklish

Number of posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by ami 2009-03-21, 09:53

I personally think that a forum is a nicer place! And your forum looks really good, just a little bit dark Smile I just dont like the posting requirements, why do not let people post as they can? I mean sometime I dont really know what to post about, and forcing myself to post ist alright, but it isnt fun.

ami

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki 2009-03-21, 10:05

I also think the same as Ami ^ ^ The requirement makes us feel a little bit... unsatisfied, annoyed... and troublesome, too ^^"

Aki

Back to top Go down

Post by Lirin 2009-03-21, 12:16

As a cleaner for another group, I totally understand about the ungrateful leechers. Hopefully this new forum will help cut down on them. The least one can do is respect a group's policies and give a thankful comment or two. >_>;;

About the layout: it doesn't seem too dark to me, but that may just be my monitor's settings. Also, was the layout designed on a Mac or a widescreened monitor? Because it doesn't fit for my square-ish screen, either.

Edit: Now that I think about it, the names of other posters are pretty similar to the background. Maybe make those white, too? ^^
Lirin
Lirin

Number of posts : 17

http://liirin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Moa 2009-03-21, 13:14

ami wrote:I personally think that a forum is a nicer place! And your forum looks really good, just a little bit dark Smile I just dont like the posting requirements, why do not let people post as they can? I mean sometime I dont really know what to post about, and forcing myself to post ist alright, but it isnt fun.

Hello there~

I'd like to say that the main purpose of the forum is to get to know our readers, not to make you guys miserable posting I love you You don't have to know what to post about, you can just go at your own pace, so I wish no one felt too pressured and dissatisfied ;; We just don't want a bunch of people to come and go as they please, feeling like it's an impersonal business... but we give a lot of ourselves to our projects, and so we just want a part of you, too Laughing
Moa
Moa

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by akalilLyn 2009-03-21, 14:09

I think the forum looks pretty dang cool. haha Especially since the wordpress site was getting extremely cluttered. I agree about that. And the only thing I would say is maybe make the header more awesome. It's simple now, but one day when you're all up and running, something awesome and fun to look at. Like on the wordpress site. haha I don't know. I'm being lame. Very Happy Anyway, I agree about leechers too. Yay I'm excited about the forum.
akalilLyn
akalilLyn

Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Beryl 2009-03-21, 18:38

I like the forum. I won't lie though, I totally agree with Ami. Most of the time I don't know what to post. Really ever. Can you tell? Though I really do like the work every one does here and am so happy you guy are translating Chiro Star Project, Platina and Sonan Jyanaiyo. Thanks!

Beryl

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by oyceter 2009-03-21, 23:01

I think I must be really old, because I find forums sort of confusing -_-;;. Also, er, would it be possible to have another color scheme that wasn't white text on a dark background? It makes it hard on my eyes to read.

That said, thanks for all your hard work, and I really appreciate how fast you guys get chapters up!

oyceter

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by lili3 2009-03-22, 05:45

I was kind of mad when I heard you were moving, but when I read your reasons it totally made sense cuz I never though of it before LOL

Anyways, Congrats on the new forum ^__^
lili3
lili3

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by AzaleaMoon 2009-03-22, 07:27

i think the forum looks nice, and i'm looking forward to the releases coming on here!
i hope this forum helps you guys get rid of rude leechers!!
AzaleaMoon
AzaleaMoon

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Alyxandria 2009-03-22, 07:58

Hello there! This forum looks really nice! I`m glad I found this site. drunken
Alyxandria
Alyxandria

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by corva 2009-03-22, 11:36

The forum's nice. But I have to say that I don't like the banner. It kinda reminds me of the graphic (with more colour of course) of the very old PCs we've had in school which were probably from the early 1990s. I hope I didn't insult someone who had a lot of work doing it. Surprised

corva

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Drazen_Flames 2009-03-22, 13:58

mm, indeed the idea for a move was a good one, this site seems to look a lot better than wordpress as it does seem a lot more organized and less cluttered. nice to see a change in scenery even online =D

Drazen_Flames

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by SinnerStar 2009-03-23, 00:19

the forum seems great so far! the wordpress downloading was getting troublesome yes. i agree with posting requirements, especially since you aren't requesting it at something akin to 40 or 50 posts where people just end up typing random stuff.

I think the forum is a smart move since you already built up your "fame" by allowing people to see and try out the type of projects you guys have. More people are bound to come to the forum than if you based it totally on a forum in the beginning. people tend to find websites easier to navigate (forums contain more words & less graphics) so you might lose a few leechers here & there (which according to the above is not a bad thing) but won't deter your faithful readers! *while i'm at it, thanks for scanlating, it's greatly appreciated*

the forum is wonderful. a bit singular and dark in color, but nothing bad =D.
SinnerStar
SinnerStar

Number of posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by becca 2009-03-23, 01:09

I'm glad to see how nice the forum turn out to be.
It was sad to see the wordpress site go, but this new change must been for the best.
There are lost of things in the forum to look forward to.

becca

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by guren 2009-03-23, 12:01

Forums are always better for me! So moving from wordpress to a forum is definitely fantastic... cheers
guren
guren
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by faechilde 2009-03-24, 06:37

I like the layout of your new forum. Having commented over in one area of your website, I can completely empathize with your thoughts on the number of comment posts being too long. Furthermore, while I'm not too much of a poster because I lack the time, I do understand why a 10 post requirement was instituted. I'll do my best to post on a regular basis, while making sure to avoid spam posts. Thanks for all your hard work.

faechilde

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by doXyouXcare 2009-03-25, 15:31

Very Happy Hi! ... scratch I don't really get what you mean by "10 posts"--I know, that sounds sincerely stupid, but I have NEVER used a forum (this is a forum, right?) before. Do I just...post this? Is this a post? Shocked confused Does that mean I need to post 9 things like this before I can download anything? ...yeah... Very Happy I don't know No
doXyouXcare
doXyouXcare

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by dromkudde 2009-03-25, 16:20

I like the layout, it's not that complicated to find everything. And i'm not a posting person so i want it to be easy when i do post.
And thank you for all these nice projects you share with us, and for all hard work you put on them. sunny
dromkudde
dromkudde

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by leicu 2009-03-27, 01:02

doXyouXcare wrote:Very Happy Hi! ... scratch I don't really get what you mean by "10 posts"--I know, that sounds sincerely stupid, but I have NEVER used a forum (this is a forum, right?) before. Do I just...post this? Is this a post? Shocked confused Does that mean I need to post 9 things like this before I can download anything? ...yeah... Very Happy I don't know No
By 10 posts, it means that you need to post in 10 different posts, making a comment or creating a post/discussion. However, the comments CANNOT be SPAM (a few words that take 3 seconds to type).
I do not consider posting in the "suggestion" area or in "announcements" a post.
Good luck reaching your 10 posts!

As to people who are annoyed by the 10 post requirement, I'm sorry that you feel that way... BUT... I'd have to say.. spending 1 hour (I estimate that it takes about 1 hour to post 10 posts if you are slow like me..T^T) for something that you get for "free", I do not think that we are requiring much.

As a TRANSLATOR, I would have to say, 10 posts isn't much at all, and I would have preferred something more like 20~30 posts, but cut it down to 10. Coming from a translator's perspective, I do not NEED to translate manga/manhwas to enjoy them myself... I spend a minimum of 2 hours translating PER chapter. I could just think "Why bother?" and not translate at all. But I do know how it feels like to wait for a chapter of a series to be scanlated, thus my work as a scanlator. A manga chapter is usually 15~25 pages in doc format, size 10 font. I doubt that 10 posts will amount to more than 1 translation in word count. Maybe if you are a detailed and lengthy writer, two translations at the VERY most.

I consider the time you spend thinking and writing those 10 posts, a sign of your respect for my, as well as all the staff of NOIR's, work. If our works aren't worth the time that it takes for you to write up 10 posts.. *shurg*

Oh well, I guess people are entitled to their own opinions, but I do hope that 10 posts isn't too much to ask. What can I say, NOIR did try to provide easy access to our projects with Wordpress, but the abusers out there just didn't want our materials easily accessible I guess, so if you're looking for someone to complain to, please vent on our abusers. After all, I DID WARN THEM.
leicu
leicu
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2009-03-08

http://smf.projectnoir.net

Back to top Go down

Post by doXyouXcare 2009-03-27, 21:33

leicu wrote:
doXyouXcare wrote:Very Happy Hi! ... scratch I don't really get what you mean by "10 posts"--I know, that sounds sincerely stupid, but I have NEVER used a forum (this is a forum, right?) before. Do I just...post this? Is this a post? Shocked confused Does that mean I need to post 9 things like this before I can download anything? ...yeah... Very Happy I don't know No
By 10 posts, it means that you need to post in 10 different posts, making a comment or creating a post/discussion. However, the comments CANNOT be SPAM (a few words that take 3 seconds to type).
I do not consider posting in the "suggestion" area or in "announcements" a post.
Good luck reaching your 10 posts!

As to people who are annoyed by the 10 post requirement, I'm sorry that you feel that way... BUT... I'd have to say.. spending 1 hour (I estimate that it takes about 1 hour to post 10 posts if you are slow like me..T^T) for something that you get for "free", I do not think that we are requiring much.

As a TRANSLATOR, I would have to say, 10 posts isn't much at all, and I would have preferred something more like 20~30 posts, but cut it down to 10. Coming from a translator's perspective, I do not NEED to translate manga/manhwas to enjoy them myself... I spend a minimum of 2 hours translating PER chapter. I could just think "Why bother?" and not translate at all. But I do know how it feels like to wait for a chapter of a series to be scanlated, thus my work as a scanlator. A manga chapter is usually 15~25 pages in doc format, size 10 font. I doubt that 10 posts will amount to more than 1 translation in word count. Maybe if you are a detailed and lengthy writer, two translations at the VERY most.

I consider the time you spend thinking and writing those 10 posts, a sign of your respect for my, as well as all the staff of NOIR's, work. If our works aren't worth the time that it takes for you to write up 10 posts.. *shurg*

Oh well, I guess people are entitled to their own opinions, but I do hope that 10 posts isn't too much to ask. What can I say, NOIR did try to provide easy access to our projects with Wordpress, but the abusers out there just didn't want our materials easily accessible I guess, so if you're looking for someone to complain to, please vent on our abusers. After all, I DID WARN THEM.

Mad No way! I think you guys work VERY hard--10 posts is nothing! I wish I could translate...that'd mean I could read in another language! Very Happy (oh, and thanks for clarifying, BTW.)
doXyouXcare
doXyouXcare

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum